Job Title: IT Services Manager / Team Leader
We are looking for a customer-focused IT professional who ideally has a team leader or management experience, however, we are willing to train the right person to develop these skills. Ideally, you will need knowledge of networks, communication and service infrastructure technologies. In this role, you will be responsible for providing 2nd line technical support to users at our Customer site in Birmingham. This is a customer-facing role and you will manage and mentor a small team of 1st line technicians.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist the customer with questions about supported software and computing platforms
- Be responsible for your own queue and ticket management.
- Establish clear escalation paths for single-user desktop calls
- Creation of action plans with key communication to clients for problem tickets.
- Be the main point of contact for escalation for multi-user issues and escalations from Service Desk Analysts where they’ve not been able to resolve an issue.
- Lead in the development of good customer service practices
- Motivate and lead the 1st line team to ensure a cohesive approach in managing the 1st time response SLA target
- Lead on daily huddles, to include the Desks Service Improvement Plan (OLA, Older tickets, Customer Notes added) ensuring that tickets discussed are escalated appropriately within the SIP guidelines
- Plan the Team rota & liaise with other Team Leaders around resourcing/cover issues
- Log information on tickets and calls received, where required and maintain detailed and accurate records.
- Interpret instructions, issues arising, and implement actions according to administrative policies and procedures.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, supervisors and customers.
- Support other Service Desk operations as required in-between sites (and to Circle IT) may be required
- Travel between sites, customer sites and to Circle IT’s head office may be required
What we are looking for:
- Experience of working in a technical customer service IT support role dealing with 2nd line queries.
- Experience of leading a team and mentoring others
- Demonstrable customer service and communication skills
- Exposure to working within SLAs
- Demonstrable experience of working in a fast-paced working environment
- Able and happy to complete an enhanced DBS check
- An understanding/working knowledge of the following technologies: Microsoft Windows Operating Systems, Audio & Visual (Projectors, whiteboards), MFDs, SCCM, Microsoft Office 2016, Office 365, Anti-Virus Products, PC & server security, ADSL, Windows Server 2008/2012/2016 operating systems, FSMO roles, Active Directory, Virtual Infrastructure technologies - Hyper V, VMWare, Terminal Services, Exchange. MDM systems (mobile device Man), W Lan
- Basic understanding of various backup technologies, Firewall exposure – SonicWALL, WatchGuard, Cisco, LAN – Cisco, Dell
- Have a Passionate, Proactive and Dynamic approach to your work
- Full and valid UK driver’s license
To apply for these roles, please upload your CV below or email firstname.lastname@example.org quoting the vacancy you are applying for in the subject title. Before applying for a vacancy please read our privacy notice which explains how we will process and store your data.
Should you not hear back from us within three weeks of submitting your application, we would like to thank you for taking an interest in working at Circle IT and confirm that you were not successful at this time.
Please note: Strictly no recruitment agencies