Job Title: 2nd Line Support Engineer
Location: Customer site, Birmingham
Based at our Customer site, our 2nd line support engineers are responsible for supporting our customers IT needs and the daily management of our monitoring toolsets. They will act as an escalation point for our 1st line engineers, whilst assisting them with the general support queries by way of responding to both calls, emails and face to face enquiries during busy periods.
This is a customer-facing role which will sometimes require out of hours work and travel to and from other customer sites and Head office (Cardiff Gate). Please note that this position needs you to complete an enhanced DBS check.
As a part of this role, our employees have access to our Technical Training Academy (worth £1000)
What you’ll do
- Acting as a point of escalation for 1st line tickets
- Assist our customers with their questions about supported software and platforms, ensuring adherence to company processes and SLAs/OLAs.
- Desktop/Application Troubleshooting & Server Support
- Logging and handling triaged tickets on our ticket logging system
- Working closely with the IT Manager and supporting team when needed
- Research answers to questions using a variety of resources and works with other Circle IT employees, product vendors, internal technical teams etc to answer customer questions.
- Support other service desk operations as required.
- Communicate effectively (verbally and in writing) with company stakeholders (e.g. customer, third party, internal customers).
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, supervisors and customers.
- Pursue personal development of skills and knowledge necessary for the effective performance of the role
- Keep up to date with current IT and solution trends, technologies and updates relevant to Circle IT’s user community.
What we are looking for?
Our 2nd Line Support Engineers are enthusiastic, customer-focused IT professionals who are passionate about technology and enjoy keeping up to date with the latest tech trends.
You will need the following skills and experience:
- Windows 7 & 10 Desktop Support
- Apple Mac OS Support
- Server 2012/2016 Experience
- Group Policy
- AD / DNS / DHCP
- Exchange / O365 Management
- Firewall Knowledge
- Imaging & Deployment Tools
- Basic Networking Knowledge
- Microsoft Azure (Desirable)
- Backups (Veeam Desirable)
- SCCM (Desirable)
- JAMF (Desirable)
- Papercut (Desirable)
- Knowledge of Ticket logging systems
- Experience dealing with escalated issues
- Proactive mindset, root cause over break-fix
- Proven experience working within an SLA
- Ability to partake in project work where applicable
- Self-motivated and keen to develop your skills
- Experience of working in a customer service role
- Exposure to working within SLA’s
- Strong team working ethic
To apply for these roles, please upload your CV below or email firstname.lastname@example.org quoting the vacancy you are applying for in the subject title. Before applying for a vacancy please read our privacy notice which explains how we will process and store your data.
Should you not hear back from us within three weeks of submitting your application, we would like to thank you for taking an interest in working at Circle IT and confirm that you were not successful at this time.
Please note: Strictly no recruitment agencies