Introduction, scope & purpose of the role
The Service Desk Analyst is a customer focused IT service desk professional who possesses excellent customer service skills and a desire to develop their technological skills even further. The Service Desk Analyst possesses excellent communication skills and a demonstrated background of working within a service desk operation previously.
Our Service Desk Analysts are responsible for supporting users both face to face and over the telephone, escalating queries where needed to our infrastructure engineers. A key element of the role is providing first line support to all our customers, achieved by responding to inbound telephone calls, emails and service requests, including tasks such as call logging and troubleshooting issues, and where possible diagnosing the issues before escalation or resolving support queries. The Service Desk Analyst will also deal with any internal desktop repairs at Circle IT and assist employees with internal IT systems/queries where necessary.
A customer facing role, out of hours work and travel to and from/working at customer sites (nationally) for extended periods will be required to meet business needs.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities
- Receiving and managing calls/tickets from customers via the telephone and email.
- Logging information on tickets and calls received and maintaining detailed and accurate records as per the service guidelines.
- Communicate effectively (verbally and in writing) with company stakeholders (e.g. clients, third party, internal users).
- Responsible for assisting customers with queries about supported software and platforms, ensuring adherence to company processes, policies and customer SLAs/OLAs.
- When required, support Circle IT’s internal team with tasks assigned to them including (but not limited to) Desktop and hardware repairs.
- Conduct research using a variety of manuals and resources to keep technical knowledge up-to-date and help develop skillset.
- Interpret instructions, issues arising, and implement actions according to administrative policies and procedures.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, supervisors and customers.
- Keeping abreast of current IT trends, technologies, system information, changes and updates relevant to Circle IT’s user community.
- Responsible for supporting the company’s proactive services operations and other service desk operations as required.
- Travel to and from customer sites (nationally) when required to meet business needs
Qualifications, work experience and knowledge required
- Experience working in a technical customer service IT support role (desktop) previously
- Experience of working in a customer services role
- Exposure to working within SLAs
- Demonstrable experience of working in a fast paced working environment
- Full and valid UK driver’s license
- Able and happy to complete an enhanced DBS check
- A relevant technical qualification (desirable)
Skills (including technical)
- A good understanding/working knowledge IT, especially in the following technologies: Windows Operating Systems (7, 8.1, 10), Microsoft Office, AV Products, PC & server security, ADSL, LAN, Exchange, Active Directory, DNS & DHCP.
- A good understanding of IT support principles; e.g. desktop, networks, infrastructure
- Ability to use desktop software and applications- word processing, spreadsheets and graphics
- A basic understanding of Apple (desirable)
- Office 365 experience (desirable)
- SCCM experience (desirable)
- Excellent customer service, communication and interpersonal skills- able to build and establish good working relationships internally and externally
- Good numeracy/literacy skills
- Excellent telephone manner and customer engagement skills
- Practical problem solving and negotiation skills
- Strong prioritisation, time management and troubleshooting skills
- Approach- Passionate, proactive, dynamic, enthusiastic & customer focused
- Eager to learn and develop and to share knowledge with others
- Passionate about IT and providing excellent customer service
- Commitment to ongoing personal professional development
- Strong team work ethic
- Work and behave in-line with Circle IT’s Values - Leadership, Support & Respect, Quality & Dedication, Passion & Innovation, Agility & Energy
To apply for this roles, please upload your CV and covering letter below or email email@example.com quoting the vacancy you are applying for in the subject title. Before applying for a vacancy please read our privacy notice which explains how we will process and store your data.
Should you not hear back from us within three weeks of submitting your application, we would like to thank you for taking an interest in working at Circle IT and confirm that you were not successful at this time.
Please note: Strictly no recruitment agencies