We have an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic and customer focused IT Support Field Engineer who is passionate about technology and enjoys keeping up to date with the latest technological trends to join our team at Circle IT.
The role’s primary purpose is to troubleshoot and provide Microsoft O/S and infrastructure support to our growing customer base within a domain level environment. Our IT Support Field Engineers are individuals who possess strong customer service skills and mind set, with experience of working within an IT support role previously. The IT Support Field Engineers are expected to support Service Desk escalations (single or multiple user) as well as supporting our managed support customers on-site via regular scheduled visits.
Due to the nature of the role, our IT Support Field Engineers are required to travel to and from various customer sites nationally and be potentially part of an on-call rota. There may also be a requirement for overtime as and when required. Completion of an Enhanced DBS Check is required for this role.
This is a unique opportunity to get hands on with a wide range of technologies daily. The role provides a fast-paced, challenging environment in which an engineer can utilise the full breadth of his or her skills while developing further from the exposure they will get from the many different infrastructures they will be supporting.
The successful candidate would be able and happy to complete a DBS check as part of of the role.
A full job description is available by request, email@example.com.
Qualifications, work experience and knowledge required
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience of working within an IT support/infrastructure role previously, primarily working with Microsoft technologies.
- Experience of working in a customer facing role, preferably within a face to face or a field environment
- Experience of working to strict SLAs/exposure to SLA Management
- Demonstrable experience of working in a fast-paced environment
- Full UK driving license
- Full completion of an Enhanced DBS Check will be required
- A relevant technical qualification
Skills (including technical)
In-depth knowledge and understanding of:
- Windows Desktop operating systems (Windows 7 and up)
- Windows Server operating systems (Server 2008 and up)
- Microsoft Office & Office 365
- AV/Anti-malware Products
- ADSL troubleshooting
- LAN troubleshooting
- Network printers
A strong understanding of:
- Active Directory
- Microsoft Exchange
- Virtualisation technologies (VMWare and Hyper-V)
- Wired and wireless network troubleshooting
- Mobile devices (iPhone, Android)
Other technology requirements:
- Understanding of terminal services/RDS
- Understanding of NAS and SAN storage
- Various backup technologies
- Apple MacOS device support (Desirable)
- Excellent customer service, communication and engagement skills via the telephone & face to face
- Strong prioritisation, troubleshooting and time management skills
- Practical problem solving and negotiation skills
- Able to work unsupervised, with effective time management skills
- Be willing to travel and work away for extended periods
- Approach – Proactive, dynamic, assertive, driven and enthusiastic
- Eager to learn and develop and to share knowledge with others
- Passionate about providing excellent customer service
- Strong team work ethic
- Work and behave in-line with Circle IT’s Values - Leadership, Support & Respect, Quality & Dedication, Passion & Innovation, Agility & Energy.
What we'll offer you
- Circle IT are an award-winning employer of choice
- 25 days holiday with incremental increase
- Private healthcare
- Contributory pension scheme
- Personal and Professional Development – Training and growth opportunities
- Recognising achievements – annual award program and bonus schemes
- Free Parking and Energy perks at our HQ - including pool table, snack vending machine, ping-pong and free hot drinks and fresh organic fruit.
- Regular social and team events
To apply for this roles, please upload your CV below or email firstname.lastname@example.org quoting the vacancy you are applying for in the subject title.
Should you not hear back from us within three weeks of submitting your application, we would like to thank you for taking an interest in working at Circle IT and confirm that you were not successful at this time.
Please note: Strictly no recruitment agencies